Welcome

Happy Twenty Eleven! After a failed 365 in 2010, I am taking on the 52 week project with no particular theme in mind. Still just hoping to capture my growing baby girls who own my heart! My hope is to capture and document their every day life and that this is something they'll look at fondly in days, weeks, months, and years to come! Follow our journey! And while you're here, click on the Inspiration link above to be inspired by others to get started on something similar or keep going - you won't regret it!

02 | 52

This weekend MacKenzie turned 10!  Double digits.  We didn't really celebrate on her birthday as we are planning a birthday party for next Monday - A Pjs and Pigtails party.  We did have a bit of a girls day out just the two of us, thanks to my mom who watched the girls for me.  The morning of her birthday her daddy brought her a Wii game and a birthday card which was great, because I honestly hadn't purchased anything at all for her.  I forewarned her, but she didn't believe me.  After dropping off the twins, we went to Krispy Kreme (her fav) and then went to the Bank got 10 $10 bills and then went shopping.  I also forewarned her that $100 doesn't get you much these days.  I must say, she made her (10) tens last.  We left with goodies that she picked out and paid for herself and she had about $35 left over.  That evening, she went to her friend Sydney's (they share a birthday) birthday party at Laser Quest.  She had a fantastic day.  Now that it's been a few days, I'm almost getting used to having a child that's double digits.  It feels just a bit odd though.



15 comments:

Chesney said...

Love the details you've captured here. My oldest turns 9 this year. I'm not looking forward to those double digits either.

grandmabish said...

Happy birthday to Mac kenzie! I like your collage. you have a beautiful family. I love your family photo on the header of the other blog.

Janell said...

I absolutely love this collage! You really captured the details well; the donut, the shopping, her happiness. awesome! And I love the idea of a pj's and pigtails party!

Trisha said...

Fantastic collage! I love the cash shot, the KK shot & the strut w the shoppoing bags! I can't believe she's only 10 tho - she looks so much older. I bet you hear that a lot!

Vicki said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday! My son will enter the "double digits" in March and I love the idea of (10) ten dollar bills... of course, he would spend it all on video games! :) Great pictures!

tatyannashope said...

Happy birthday to your daughter! I love how you've captured her day - with a 12 year old shop-happy daughter of my own, this collage really made me smile. :)
(the one of her walking away with the multitude of bags sums things up perfectly!)

Tori said...

How fun! I love this! Looks like she had a great b-day! My oldest turns 10 this year too! It goes by sooo fast!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love how you told the story! She is going to love this years from now! Nice job! And lol about your oreo dream! Thanks for stopping by! <3

Kensya said...

Great story! Love the shopping photos!

Courtney said...

These are FABULOUS!! I love how you captured her walking away with all her purchases! Love it! Happy Birthday to her!

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I love them all.

Priscilla said...

i thought i posted but i was rushing out the door to work... those are great photos! i love the bargain shopper in her. it's good to understand the value of money... happy birthday mackenzie!

Sarah P. said...

Nothing better than some shopping! :) Love the collage and the processing...great work!

Karrie said...

Love the one of her strolling with the bags! ! So cute!

Photography said...

Looks like a great time had by all :-)

Post a Comment

Followers